Geo Baker: From #NotNCAAProperty to NIL Entrepreneur
October 27, 2022
Emily Cole and Kristi Dosh
We're joined this episode by Geo Baker, former Rutgers men's basketball athlete and co-founder of The Knight Society. We get into so many great topics with Geo, starting with how he advocated for student athlete rights before NIL rules were changed in 2021.
Geo shares with us:
- What it was like being part of the #NotNCAAProperty movement in the spring of 2021
- How coaches and administration reacted to his involvement in #NotNCAAProperty
- His experience meeting with the NCAA
- What he thinks his group did through the #NotNCAAProperty movement that was effective in creating change
- How to use your platform to have a voice in issues that matter to you
- Advice for leaning into being a creator, even if your following is small
- How he's giving back to youth athletes and fans
- How NIL changed his path
- ...and so much more!
You can follow Geo on Instagram, TikTok and Twitter.
You can follow The Players' Platform podcast on Instagram: @playersplatformpod.
Kristi Dosh: @SportsBizMiss
Emily Cole: @EmilyCole